The UnSlut Project

"Unslut: A Diary & A Memoir" by: Emily Lindin





"The UnSlut Project promotes gender equality, sex positivity, and comprehensive, age-appropriate sex education for all ages. Join us in spreading the word and changing our world." 

My Thoughts: When I saw that video on the "TedxYouth" YouTube channel, I really was moved, brought tears to my eyes & made me want to do more. I immediately searched out everything to do with the project & even emailed them to look for more info to share with you my bloggy friends. What I love is that Emily - "Em" herself contacted me, & was super kind & gave me all these resources all about this amazing awesome project, if you want any more info ...please let me know? I would love to help out. 

I have never understood the double standard we seem to have with men & women. A girl who sleeps with lots of guys verse a guy who sleeps with a lot of girls ...Why do the men get the slap on the back, yeah man, you go?! & then Why do the girls end up with the nickname "SLUT"? WHAT an insult. It's just not fair, so not cool. : (

I was never called a SLUT, but I know what it feels like to get bullied. It really affects your life, changes you as a person. I want to do anything possible for these folks to start to change & see the light. Understand how it does affect your way of growing up. Think about how you treat others. What you say & do. THINK before you act. I think if I start small & share with you guys, maybe it can go bigger & blow up to help even more girls & guys out there. It's a start. We all have to do our part. Who's with me? Beth ( :




The Unslut Project social links: "buy the book",  "facebook""the film's discussion guide""twitter""website".


Comments

William Kendall said…
Thanks for pointing out Emily and the project- passing the word along!