recent reads by: Terri L. Austin



"Amazon" says: "As a struggling waitress and part-time college student, Rose Strickland’s life is stalled in the slow lane. But when her close friend, Axton, disappears, Rose suddenly finds herself serving up more than hot coffee and flapjacks. Now she’s hashing it out with sexy bad guys and scrambling to find clues in a race to save Axton before his time runs out. With her anime-loving bestie, her septuagenarian boss, and a pair of IT wise men along for the ride, Rose goes from zero to sixty and quickly learns when you’re speeding down the fast lane, it’s easy to crash and burn."



"Last Diner Standing (A Rose Strickland Mystery Book 2)"

"Amazon" says: Rose Strickland is having a blue Christmas. Her friend is arrested for attempted murder, her sexy bad guy crush is marked by a hit man, and her boss is locked in an epic smackdown with a rival diner. Determined to save those she loves, Rose embarks on an investigation more tangled than a box of last year's tree lights. With her eclectic gang at the ready, Rose stumbles across dead bodies, ex-cons, chop shops, jealous girlfriends, jilted lovers, and a gaggle of strippers in a battle for freedom she might not survive.



"Diner Impossible (A Rose Strickland Mystery Book 3)"

After shunning her overbearing parents’ wealthy lifestyle, waitress and part-time college student, Rose Strickland, is drawn back into their world when she tries to prove the impossible: the innocence of the town’s crooked police chief. He’s suspected in the gruesome death of Delia Cummings, his secretary and mistress, and all the evidence points to him.
While she tracks down clues with the aid of her anime-loving bestie, Rose’s pal, Axton, and his Klingon gang are feuding with their Starfleet rivals. Things get hairier than a pile of well-fed Tribbles, so Rose gets involved. In between interrogating Trekkies and quizzing socialites at high tea, she discovers the secrets Delia Cummings took to her grave. Suspects abound, but when Chief Mathers threatens to bring down Rose’s criminally mischievous and maybe boyfriend, Sullivan, she makes it her mission to find the real killer before Sullivan finds himself in prison.


"Diner Knock Out (A Rose Strickland Mystery Book 4)"

Rose Strickland’s life is complicated...
Besides her waitressing gig, she works part-time for Andre Thomas, a PI with no faith in Rose’s ability to investigate, her love life with Sullivan has stalled, and her BFF, Roxy, has found a new bestie, leaving Rose out in the cold.
Determined to prove herself, Rose takes a case on the sly. As she searches for a missing MMA fighter, Rose discovers an illegal fight club, a group of ruthless businessmen, dead bodies, and a trail of drugs. Hunting down clues that lead too close to home, Rose finds herself in the fight of her life. Can she beat the killer to the punch before she gets knocked out for good?
Related subjects include: cozy mysteries, women sleuths, murder mystery series, whodunit mysteries (whodunnit), amateur sleuth books, book club recommendations, humorous murder mysteries.

My Thoughts: Amazon suggested these books to me for my kindle. There are moments in these books that Rose is really in deep pooh but she is saying things that make you laugh, & you will think to your self are you kidding me, Did she really just say that? You wonder how she will make it through without something serious happening??! Rose works in a diner called "Ma's Diner" (I so want to know where this diner is so I can visit.), Ma is an 80ish aged lady who calls her "toots". We all can use some mothering from a lady like Ma. To top that, Ma loves playing "Neil Diamond" music, if you didn't have me at that cute nickname "toots" you got me at his music. He rocks!!!

How quickly do you realize if you will enjoy a book? For me... pretty darn quick. Kind of like a song, about 3 or less beats. No joke.

I am going to call her Terri, I have never met her but I feel I know her personally, I think we would get along just perfectly ...these books are written in Missouri, her humor is hilarious & I love nicknames, I love to laugh, laugh so hard I cry & these books will make you do that.

Now Amazon says "Heartache Motel: Three Interconnected Mystery Novellas (A Rose Strickland Mystery)" is book #2, but after reading many reviews I found that you should read it after book #3, but do understand that they way Terri L. Austin writes you would be fine to read it any old time, but you will want to read it in order & not miss a single bit of any of the series because is just a great  I just recently finished book 4,  it just came out at the end of October 2015, I LOVED IT, & I CAN'T WAIT to read the next book in the series.

Now if you have read to this point in the post I feel I should have the opportunity to say I wish, I wish that Terri L. Austin would allow me to have bit more of the Sullivan & Rose love story (pretty please. I love, love & this world needs more love from Rose & Sullivan.), she gives you more of the mystery story than the love story, just my opinions though. Have you heard of this author? Beth ( ; 

Comments

William Kendall said…
I think this is the first I've heard of the author.