The Witches by: Roald Dahl



Amazon says: "This is not a fairy tale. This is about real witches.

Grandmamma loves to tell about witches. Real witches are the most dangerous of all living creatures on earth. There's nothing they hate so much as children, and they work all kinds of terrifying spells to get rid of them. Her grandson listens closely to Grandmamma's stories—but nothing can prepare him for the day he comes face-to-face with The Grand High Witch herself!..."

My Thoughts: I remember reading this book as a kid. It was one book my mom had to be very iffy about because lots of parents didn't like that it was about witches. Now I didn't go to a religious school or anything but some parents get their panties up in a bunch over the silliest things. I think that folks should read what makes them happy, stirs their imaginations, makes them want to read & they love it! I LOVED THIS BOOK, & my Mom got over the witches being the content. She has never understood my love for witches, vampire & werewolves. I've loved reading about them since childhood. I saw that the book was on sale on Amazon & got it in paper back form. The drawings remind of sort of "Shel Silverstein" style of drawing. I was reading some where recently that Shel past away in 1999, I knew he was gone, but had no thought it has been that long ago. As a kid we would read his poetry in elementary school. We would have poetry nights & would pick a poem reading them in front of the whole crowd. I never did it but was always there to watch. We did "The Missing Piece" as a play & I loved every moment. I was in a group so I did perform in that play. I love being in plays, that mean you are not the only one in the group. So fun. Have you read anything from "Roald Dahl" (he past away in 1990) or "Shel Silverstein"? Beth ( :

Comments

William Kendall said…
I've read other stuff by Dahl, but not this.

Popular Posts