My Sister's Grave by: Robert Dugoni



"Amazon" says: "Tracy Crosswhite has spent twenty years questioning the facts surrounding her sister Sarah’s disappearance and the murder trial that followed. She doesn’t believe that Edmund House—a convicted rapist and the man condemned for Sarah’s murder—is the guilty party. Motivated by the opportunity to obtain real justice, Tracy became a homicide detective with the Seattle PD and dedicated her life to tracking down killers.
When Sarah’s remains are finally discovered near their hometown in the northern Cascade mountains of Washington State, Tracy is determined to get the answers she’s been seeking. As she searches for the real killer, she unearths dark, long-kept secrets that will forever change her relationship to her past—and open the door to deadly danger."

My Thoughts: I bought this book from Amazon in paper back form & I loved it!! I am not a picky person when it comes to book ...meaning I will read mysteries, love stories, happy, sad, depressing ...whatever kind of book ...if you pulls you in immediately, I am totally hooked!! I get asked that all the time, what kind of book fan are you? What kind of book is your favorite? I just WANT A GOOD BOOK (not yelling, just saying it will truth from my very inner soul, we all want a good book that why we spend money on books, hoping it will be a great awesome book, right??!), if holds your interest, you totally forget what time it is & then realized you have read way past your bedtime, but don't wanna put it down, you are drawn to finish it but hate for it to end, a real viscous cycle, that is my kind of book. My mom doesn't like sad stories about vampire (she has never understood my obsession with them, did I ever tell you the story that she was super nice & went with me to see "The Twilight Saga: New Moon" with me & hated ever biting bloody moment, Mom does like blood, gore, or vampires biting other people, but she was there, that's when you know your Mom really loves you. When she will sit through a movie she will not totally enjoy, just because her daughter will love it!!! MOM, I love you!), werewolves, death, or seeing into the future, I get that but this was super great!!!

Tracy Crosswhite is so determined to figured out how her sister "Sarah" was murder that she becomes homicide detective with the Seattle PD. I would think that most brothers and sisters would be the same, want to follow through to avenge their families lives. It is one of those books that jumps back & forth between present day & her past... I know for some folks that is frustrating or confusing. For me ...I tend to do that in my writing (or thinking) so I totally can & do follow along with no problem. I often feel like a ping pong ball in my life... going from one idea to the next.

The ending of the book fooled me, I was totally shocked, Robert Dugoni got me for sure ... will he get you too? Are you one of those folks who can see the ending of a story easily or are you usually one to not figure out the ending at all? Do you prefer men authors over women authors or does it matter to you? So if you love mysteries, have no problem following a book that jumps from past to future & back again this is a must read for you!! Beth ( :

p.s. I found the 2nd book of this series for my kindle.... "Her Final Breath, Tracey Crosswhite Series, Book 2" & since I loved the series so much I have pre-ordered the "In the Clearing, Tracy Crosswhite, Book 3", due out May 17, 2016.

Comments

William Kendall said…
I think this is the first I've heard of the book.

Popular Posts