"The Opposite Of Loneliness" by: Marina Keegan


"Amazon" says: "Marina Keegan’s star was on the rise when she graduated magna cum laude from Yale in May 2012. She had a play that was to be produced at the New York Fringe Festival and a job waiting for her atThe New Yorker. Tragically, five days after graduation, Marina died in a car crash."

"The Opposite of Loneliness" by: Marina Keegan ...I have often wondered about journal-ing and one getting in my inner most thoughts... as a kid I really did write often in my journal or when I felt lead to write my thoughts down on paper. As I have gotten older (I have no secrets, but what I say often is taken wrong or out of context. It needs more explain to be understood.) I think about what would I do if someone else read my thoughts? When we cleaned out my Grandfather's possessions after his passing, we threw out his journals. I remember them saying the weather, what happened during his day that he wished to remember, nothing totally important, but to him it meant something or why else would he take the time to write it down?

My favorite essay/story would be: "Reading Aloud". What was your fave?

So my ? is ... what would Marina think of her thoughts, stories, personal inner most, being out there for the world to read? Our lives are a chance for us to change, or do what makes us happy at that time, writing it down is a chance for us to remember it for another time (like when we are old looking back from our death bed.) or just process it all thoroughly. You get to realize something maybe you missed or totally see it another way that you didn't think about??! It was such a fun read, reminds me of my past & all we go through growing up & schooling. So sad to see such a bright young girl in the prime of her life cut short due to an automobile accident. Gives ya more of a drive to out there and live & not take things so seriously. Beth ( :

Comments

Blogoratti said…
Seems like a fine read. Thanks for sharing and greetings!
William Kendall said…
Thanks for pointing this one out- I hadn't heard of it before.