The "After" series by Anna Tood

   

The "After" series by Anna Todd 

"Amazon" says: "Now newly revised and expanded, Anna Todd’s After fanfiction racked up 1 billion reads online and captivated readers across the globe. Experience the Internet’s most talked-about book for yourself!

There was the time before Tessa met Hardin, and then there’s everything AFTER... Life will never be the same. #Hessa " ("read more...")

Here is what I recall hearing on the news, during an interview with E.L. James... "Stephenie Meyer" had written her Twilight series, which caused "E.L. James" to be influenced by to write her "Fifty Shades of Grey" series. ... ... ... ...(this part is my humble opinion) The minute I started to read the "After" series by Anna Todd, I thought Anna must have been a major fan of E. L. James & her books because a lot of the parts within Anna's book are very similar or they remind me of what happened between Christian & Anna (E.L. James books) = Theresa & Hardin (Anna's books). I started by only buying the 1st book, to give me a chance to see if I would enjoy the book or not, followed by only the 2nd book, but guess what when I went & purchased the 3rd I said hell why not go ahead and finished up the series by purchasing the 4th. Not saying I didn't enjoy the series, because I was glued to them to see what would happen,  ...I just wondered why she continued stringing us along. I know, I know MORE MONEY, but still. GET TOO THE POINT ALREADY!!! Are Hardin & Theresa going to last the test of time?? get married? have kids? live to be grandparents with droopy tattoos?

I was listening to a YouTube "POP TRIGGER" video which said the main character "Hardin" is based off Harry Styles from One Direction. Hardin is a bad ass, long haired, tattooed, crazy cursing man, who has no respect for any one, he blows up, gets angry, enjoys hitting walls & other people for his own entertainment, throwing things, even has a bet to steal Theresa's virginity ...I had wondered why I had never heard of these books & then all of sudden they were constantly being suggested to check them out. I see now why they are so in the news because a movie coming out soon.

After doing some more research this book series was started on "Wattpad" ... . ..."Whatever you're into, it's all free on Wattpad: the world's largest community for readers and writers". ... ... Then made into a book series, they did change the original characters names from Theresa & Harry --- to Theresa & Hardin. The whole group of books or writing is considered "fan-fiction". Which sounds kind of "cheesy". Don't all authors what their FANS to love their books? In hindsight, would I read this series knowing all that I know now? I don't know? I think Stephenie Meyer's "Twilight Series" were awesome books, the movies are totally different - the actors that played those rolls made the books series even more popular. I prefer the books over the movies. It gives the reader a chance to make their own conclusion. I know some folks make fun of E.L. James & her writing of "50 Shades of Grey" (Anna's side of the story), on June 18th, E.L. James brought out this book "Grey: Fifty Shades of Grey as told by Christian", I prefer his side of the story. I think it makes Christian seem more human, not such a jerk, he does have a heart... everything is how you perceive it. Maybe it is better to know less about a book before reading it?

I'm a sucker for a love story. I would have thought this loved story would of, could of been finished in 1, maybe 2 books ...not 4!!! I get the point of loving a bad boy, did that in my past dating history. For me personally it didn't work out, bad boys (bad men) are straight out sexy, but the constant pulling and tugging of what is right and wrong, will he drink, will he get into trouble again, sleep with another girl, so on and so forth. I just wanted to yell "Get your cramp straight & marry Theresa, already, what the heck are you waiting on???".

Who will play all the characters in the movie? The actor that plays Hardin, He better be super hot!!! Long hair, super hot bod, lots of tattoos. I did purchase these 4 books on my kindle with my very own money. Have you heard of Anna Todd? Have you read this series? Will you read the series?



Did you hear that Anna Todd has another book coming out Dec 8th, 2015?... they released the news yesterday on "ew.com" read more ... ... Beth ( :

Comments

William Kendall said…
I haven't heard of the series, but given that I've read a few pages of EL James and found her writing skills leaving much to be desired... well, there's plenty of good erotica out there!

Popular Posts