An Abundance of Katherines by: John Green



"Amazon" says: "When it comes to relationships, Colin Singleton’s type is girls named Katherine. And when it comes to girls named Katherine, Colin is always getting dumped. Nineteen times, to be exact. On a road trip miles from home, this anagram-happy, washed-up child prodigy has ten thousand dollars in his pocket, a bloodthirsty feral hog on his trail, and an overweight, Judge Judy–loving best friend riding shotgun—but no Katherines. Colin is on a mission to prove The Theorem of Underlying Katherine Predictability, (go to their website to read more...)"

I am beginning to think that John Green can write anything. He does have a "Youtube channel - Vlog Brothers". I did purchase this myself on my kindle. 1st I read "The Fault in Our Stars", 2nd "Paper Towns", which are both movies, "Paper Towns - movie trailer", coming out Summer 2015. I have only read the books, not seen either movie. 3rd I decided to read this book "An Abundance of Katherines" (personally I am hoping this because a movie because I LOVED IT!!) ... 4th I am now reading "Let It Snow: Three Holiday Romances", then I will read "Looking for Alaska" & "Will Grayson, Will Grayson". Have I missed any of John Green's books?

You may think - Beth you are reading way too much. You see I was sort of in a slump ...I had read the "Twilight" books - Stephenie Meyer, "All Souls Trilogy" - Deborah Harkness, and "50 Shades of Grey" - E.L.James ...& I was sort of like I don't and can't find anything that holds my interest any more. What is wrong with me?? But sure enough ...I found a few others including this one & I am hooked ...so when I have free time/moments I am holding my kindle & reading like crazy. Having a ball. (I remember as a kid, reading and reading. I prefer reading for pleasure not having to read because a teacher told me the book was good. I remember book reports, not fun!! unless I loved the book.) Check out this one & you will love it to pieces. I am not a math nut but I loved the story.


Here's a favorite line from the book: (see my video). Beth ( :

Comments

William Kendall said…
This would be the first time I've heard of the book.