Kindle & Suchness

I got my Kindle as a gift from my brother & parents back when I turned 33 yrs old. Wow, that was 4 yrs ago. Man time flies. I love books. I love reading. I love holding a book in my hand. The smell of a book. The flip of the page. That a magical world lives within those pages can make you mind wander & make you dream even bigger. pure escape. a chance to see a world you may never get to see in person through their thoughts & words. love it!!! I can not imagine being able not to read. I think over my schooling years & the books I have been ever so blessed to read I loved & feel honored to have had the chance to see them. Although at the time they were a pain in the rump, poetry was never really my thing, I always seem to get something else totally different out of them than every one else??! But to each his own, right?



The day I got my Kindle ("Amazon"), I got it in the mail & was totally shocked - who could have sent me a Kindle? My parents were traveling & I was totally clueless. They for sure got me. A real surprise. The model I have - has no color or real fanciness ....but I love it. Books don't come with much color, or pictures, or colored writing so I was & still am beyond happy. I had to get a cover & a skin to keep it save and sound.



My wrapping is the "Starry Starry Night" scene, I love it. One of my favorite paintings/songs. Jules Verne there on the screen is just a screensaver. The case I carry is a cool strip bag, on our last trip in November 2014 the zipper finally broke & fell off. Hey, at least it did last 4 years. Can you imagine how many times it was zipped open & closed? Tons & tons! My next door neighbor has the upgraded model of the Kindle & did ask me for help on 1st starting out with hers - I was clueless but tried my best. Amazing how things have changed. Technology never stops.

I own several books in hard back/paper back as well as in Kindle form. There are several books I fell in love with on the Kindle & knew I had to get them in hard back/paper back copy too. "The All Souls Triolgy" by Deborah Harkness I have on the Kindle, hard backs copies (have you tried traveling with these books they are huge, you could hurt yourself with those babies) & on audio cds. I usually try to wait until the books are at a lower cost before buying. Sometimes it is easier or cheaper just to buy it used in paper back form rather than on the Kindle. It can be pricey. Just depends!!! The Kindle is great for travel. Unless you don't have a power source to charge it. : (

Here are a few books I want on my Kindle - the "Harry Potter" books by J. K. Rowling, "The Twilight Saga" by Stephenie Meyer, "Anne of Green Gables" L.M. Montgomery, recently I have been loving all books by "Debbie Macomber", If I could find any of these on Kindle for a cheaper price, I would for sure snatch them up.

Do you have a Kindle (Amazon), Nook (Barnes & Noble), Ipad (Apple)? Why do you like what you own? What do you enjoy reading? Beth ( :

Comments

nanacathydotcom said…
I love my kindle for travelling and real books at home. Like you I adore reading,my favourite pastime.
William Kendall said…
I have several books in PDF form, but just for computer use- I have yet to have bought a kindle.